International Workshop on “Advances in Laboratory Testing and Modelling of Soils and Shales”
18-20 January 2017, Swiss Alps
The International Workshop on “Advances in Laboratory Testing and Modelling of Soils and Shales” is a 3-day event promoting the exchange of ideas, practices and state of the art about laboratory testing and modelling of soils and shales.
The Workshop is organized by the Laboratory for Soil Mechanics (LMS) of EPFL, and will be held in Villars-sur-Ollon, in the heart of the Swiss Alps, on the 18-20 January 2017. It will feature:
- Six Keynote speakers: Prof. Antonio Gens (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya), Dr. Russell Ewy (Chevron Energy Technology Co.), Prof. Mario Manassero (Politecnico di Torino), Prof. Bernardo Caicedo (Universidad de Los Andes), Prof. Charles Ng (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology), Prof. Richard Wan (University of Calgary).
- Five Feature lecturers: Prof. Charles D. Shackelford (Colorado State University), Prof. Frank Wuttke (Kiel University), Prof. Feng Zhang (Nagoya Institute of Technology), Dr. Matthieu Vandamme (Ecole des Ponts ParisTech – Laboratoire Navier), Prof. Mahdia Hattab (University of Lorraine).
- The 3rd Bishop Lecture delivered by Prof. Hervé di Benedetto.
- Social activities: Welcome Cocktail, “Wine and Cheese” tasting party, Workshop Gala Dinner.
- Partners: GDS Instruments, BG Ingénieurs Conseils, GS Géotechnique Suisse.
A preliminary program of the Workshop is available here. We would like to announce that the early bird registration fees for the ATMSS International Workshop are available until Monday 10th October 2016
Looking forward to welcoming you to the ATMSS Workshop. Best regards Lyesse Laloui and Alessio Ferrari Co-Chairs of the Technical Program Committee ATMSS Workshop
Further details on the Workshop are available on the website: http://atmss.epfl.ch
Call for abstracts: ATMSS Call for Abstracts