Engineering in Chalk is a major two-day international conference organized by the British Geotechnical Association (BGA) with support from the Engineering Group of the Geological Society (EGGS), and will be held on 17th and 18th September 2018 at Imperial College in London.
The Organizing Committee of the conference is pleased to invite submissions of abstracts for papers and posters. Submission is via the conference website https://www.chalk2018.org/abstract-submission , which includes instructions for authors and a MS Word template for abstracts.
Abstracts should be submitted under the following Technical Themes:
- Case histories of construction and engineering in Chalk
- Earthworks in Chalk
- Foundations and piling in Chalk
- Future engineering issues in Chalk
- Geological hazards in Chalk
- Offshore engineering in Chalk
- Site investigation/characterization in Chalk
- Testing – in situ and laboratory in Chalk
- Tunnelling in Chalk
- Water and the environment
The closing date for abstract submission is 30 April 2017.