Please visit the new-look ISSMGE website – http://www.issmge.org/ for full details of all ISSMGE activities.
1. Elections for the President and Regional Vice Presidents 2017-2021
Member Societies were sent emails on the 27th September with details on the nomination process for candidates in the upcoming elections for the next President and Regional Vice-presidents (Africa, Asia, Europe, South America) for the next Board (term Sept 2017 – Sept 2021). Nominations for Regional vice-presidents are requested by the 16th January 2017, and for President by the 10th April 2017. Please contact the Secretariat if you would like the emails to be resent.
2. XIX ICSMGE – Seoul, Korea – Paper submission
Please note that the paper submission instructions have already been sent by the Organising Committee to Member Societies. If your member society has not received instructions, please contact Seulgi Park of the 19th ICSMGE Secretariat(email@example.com) as soon as possible.
3. New ISSMGE website.
The new website is a major development that thrusts ISSMGE deeper into the digital era. It is an initiative nurtured by the Innovation and Development Committee, that was supported by many other committees throughout the ISSMGE.
The new website has a more appealing, modern, layout, more valuable content and an improved website design architecture that provides enhanced functionality. The navigation bar has been updated so that it can better communicate the many activities of our organization. Just to highlight some of them:
- Under “Publications”, the “Online Library” includes a collection of 3,450 papers that are all available directly for download and include a number of conference proceedings, including the Osaka (16th), Alexandria (17th) and Paris (18th) International Conferences on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. This database is expected to significantly grow in future years. It has been one of the main reasons for designing this new website. It is perceived as the tool needed in order to implement the open access policy of the ISSMGE!
- Under “Media”, a truly unique collection of 28 webinars and honour lectures are immediately available for you to view online.
- There are also sub-websites for each of the TCs, the Young Members Presidential Group (YMPG), and the Corporate Associates Presidential Group (CAPG). These websites will now be operated directly by the Committees and Groups themselves, and news from these committees and groups will be automatically promoted through the main page of the ISSMGE website.
- Under “News”, you will find announcements made by various active groups in ISSMGE.
We hope you find the new website, informative, useful… and fun! We encourage you to send us any feedback you wish to provide about the current website as well as ideas about future initiatives.
On behalf of the ISSMGE,
Roger Frank, President of ISSMGE
Dimitrios Zekkos, Chair of Innovation and Development Committee (IDC)
4. Deadline of submission of items for the Seoul Council Meeting Agenda
If your member society would like to submit an item for discussion at the next Council Meeting (Seoul, September 2017), please inform Professor Neil Taylor, the Secretary General, at least 6 months before the event, i.e. by the 1st March 2017. This will allow enough time for the items to be incorporated into the Agenda and Papers.
5. ISSMGE Webinars
Click here for a full list of previously recorded ISSMGE webinars
- ISSMGE Bulletins
To retrieve copies of the ISSMGE Bulletin, please go tohttp://www.issmge.org/publications/issmge-bulletin
For a listing of all ISSMGE and ISSMGE supported conferences – click here.
The following are events that have been added/upated since the previous Circular:
· Third Bolivian International Conference on Deep Foundations, Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia
27-29 April 2017, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org ; website:http://www.cfpbolivia.com/
· Transportation Geotechnics and Geoecology, St.Petersburg, Russia,
17 – 19 May 2017, Contact: email@example.com, website: http://conf-geotech.wixsite.com/tgg-2017
8. ISSMGE Foundation
The next deadline for receipt of applications for awards from the ISSMGE Foundation is the 1st February 2017. Click here for further information on the ISSMGE Foundation.