Please visit the new-look ISSMGE website – http://www.issmge.org/ for full details of all ISSMGE activities.
1. New ISSMGE website.
It is a pleasure to announce the launch of the new ISSMGE website.The new website is a major development that thrusts ISSMGE deeper into the digital era. It is an initiative nurtured by the Innovation and Development Committee, that was supported by many other committees throughout the ISSMGE. The new website has a more appealing, modern, layout, more valuable content and an improved website design architecture that provides enhanced functionality. The navigation bar has been updated so that it can better communicate the many activities of our organization. Just to highlight some of them:
- Under “Publications”, the “Online Library” includes a collection of 3,450 papers that are all available directly for download and include a number of conference proceedings, including the Osaka (16th), Alexandria (17th) and Paris (18th) International Conferences on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. This database is expected to significantly grow in future years. It has been one of the main reasons for designing this new website. It is perceived as the tool needed in order to implement the open access policy of the ISSMGE!
- Under “Media”, a truly unique collection of 28 webinars and honour lectures are immediately available for you to view online.
- There are also sub-websites for each of the TCs, the Young Members Presidential Group (YMPG), and the Corporate Associates Presidential Group (CAPG). These websites will now be operated directly by the Committees and Groups themselves, and news from these committees and groups will be automatically promoted through the main page of the ISSMGE website.
2. Upcoming International Young Geotechnical Engineers’ Conferences.
Please note that there may still be time to encourage your young geotechnical engineers to attend their regional YGECs.
· 5th South American Young Geotechnical Engineers Conference – SAYGEC/GEOJOVEM 2016. 19-22 October 2016, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil. Information: http://cobramseg2016.com.br/index.php/geojovem-sobre/
· 11th ANZ Young Geotechnical Professionals Conference (11YGPC). 25-28 October 2016, Queenstown, New Zealand. Information:
3. Deadline of submission of items for the Seoul Council Meeting Agenda
If your member society would like to submit an item for discussion at the next Council Meeting (Seoul, September 2017), please inform Professor Neil Taylor, the Secretary General, at least 6 months before the event, i.e. by the 1st March 2017. This will allow enough time for the items to be incorporated into the Agenda and Papers.
4. ISSMGE Webinars
Click here for a full list of previously recorded ISSMGE webinars
- ISSMGE Bulletins
To retrieve copies of the ISSMGE Bulletin, please go tohttp://www.issmge.org/publications/issmge-bulletin
For a listing of all ISSMGE and ISSMGE supported conferences – click here.
7. ISSMGE Foundation
The next deadline for receipt of applications for awards from the ISSMGE Foundation is the 1st November 2016. Click here for further information on the ISSMGE Foundation.